Ariana Grande’s New Single “7 Rings” Is the New Bop for 2019



Ariana Grande's New Single "7 Rings" Is the New Bop fro 2019


Madame Grande has arrived and is back at it again!!!

It’s been 24 hours since Ariana Grande dropped the music video for her brand new single, “7 Rings”, on Thursday night and I will say this; No One Is Safe. The song itself all about women empowerment and was taken right of a Grande filled shopping spree also following her split between herself and ex-fiancé, Pete Davidson. The single itself was inspired by the diamond friendship rings that she purchased for herself and her six girlfriends( Victoria Monet, Tayla Parx, Alexa Luria, Courtney Chipolone, and Kaydence)





The song implements samples of “My Favorite Things” from The Sound of Music, the music video features a few of Grande’s girlfriends and implements her own aesthetic; Everything must be pink and sexiness is at and over 100%. The tone of her being the HBIC in this video is even in the verse, “You like my hair? Gee thanks, just bought it,” as she repeats in the chorus with her very own PINK SQUAD. “Bought matching diamond for six of my b*tches” .

The video already has more than 7.5 million views on YouTube less than hours of it being released. Listening to the lyrics, it’s quite clear that Grande has moved on from her exes with the help of her girlfriends. The takeaway being about women empowerment puts men boys on the backburner. Grande being dolled up in diamonds and cat ears while clawing up the lyrics to her chorus:
    Wearing a ring but not cause I’m no Mrs.
    Bought matching diamonds for six of my b*tches, I’d rather
    Spoil all my friends with riches
    Think retail therapy my new addiction
    I see it , I want it, I got it


Ariana Grande is seen as the type of Pop Princess that shows no matter the circumstance of getting heartbreak, you as a woman should have a plan to flip the script and get back to what really matters; besides, of you have a difficult time with any relationship in general, your friends will always find different ways to cheer you up, or in Grande’s case, a little shopping spree at Tiffany’s would be just that.


Comments

Popular Posts